Director, Springys Founder,
Accredited Exercise Physiologist & Clinical Pilates Instructor
- Master of Clinical Exercise Physiology Deakin University
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Sports Coaching and Administration) Deakin University
- APMA Level IV Pilates Instructor
- Certificate IV in Remedial Massage ACNM
- Level II Swim Coach ASCTA
- Unified Fitness – Business Director & Principle Pilates Instructor / Exercise Scientist / Exercise Physiologist (20 yrs)
- Corporate and skill groups presentation and sessional fitness
- USA (San Diego) – Exercise Science one year
- ‘Bayside National Swim Team’ – Strength & Conditioning Coach, member of swim coach staff
- Healthland (3yr); freelance Personal Trainer, Swim Coach & Group Exercise
- Wesley College – (1 year); Learn to Swim Coordinator & Senior Swim Coach
- Toby Haenen – Swim coach and Instructor (Learn to Swim –> Squad) (3yrs)
Martine has an extensive background in sports performance, having participated in swimming, triathlon, and water polo at an elite level up until her late 20’s. Her passion and involvement in sport as a competitor and coach has shaped her career direction, she is broadly knowledgeable and practical in her approach with clients. During the first decade of owning Unified Fitness, and after personally experiencing and witnessing many clients’ setback through injury, Martine steered her professional development towards Pilates instruction and mastery. As an exercise physiologist, Martine works within a scientific framework, and is dedicated to improving peoples body awareness, movement efficiency, functionality, and overall physical capabilities. In 2014, she devised the Springys system, an evolution of the Pilates spring wall, the Springys system provides further scope for professionals who work with clients or patients to develop functional wellbeing and, or improved movement efficiency for sport and activities of daily living.
Accredited Exercise Physiologist,
Springys Master Trainer & Clinical Pilates Instructor
- Master of Sport and Exercise Medicine University of Exeter, England
- Bachelor of Sports Science and Health Dublin City University, Ireland
- APMA level 2 Pilates instructor
- ESSA international accredited
- Unified Exercise Clinic/ Unified Fitness (10 years). Experience with a vast range of clients with specific clinic needs
- UK Sport- Athletic Tester
Adapted Physical Activity Co-ordinator
- Exercise Specialist
- Irish Cancer Society
I have a passion for assisting people in realising and reaching their own functional capabilities by prescribing safe and effective exercise programs for all fitness levels and abilities. This ranges from people with chronic conditions and injuries to sporting performance.
Clinical Pilates & Springys Instructor
- Masters of Exercise Physiology
- Exercise Physiologist – (ESSA Accredited)
- Bachelor of Exercise Science and Human Movement
- Exercise Scientist – (ESSA Accredited)
- Current – Fitness Instructor at Evolution Fitness
- Personal Trainer at MeTime Training
- Rowville Secondary College – Athletic Development, and Strength & Conditioning
U12 Basketball CoachI enjoy coaching and supporting players with their strength and development, and rehab where relevant. I chose to become an Exercise Physiologist as a career evolved, above all I want to make a difference in someone’s life, and through exercise I hope that I can have a positive impact on their quality of life
Physiotherapist and Clinical Pilates instructor.
- Postgraduate degree Clinical Advances in Physiotherapy
- Bachelor’s degree Physiotherapy
- Clinical Pilates instructor
- Manual Therapy graduate
- Espaço Corpo Magda Rocha- Orthopedic Physiotherapist and Pilates Instructor
- Casa de Repouso Belo Horizonte/ Integridade Casa Sênior- Geriatric Physiotherapist including treating post COVID-19 patients
- Prefeitura Municipal de Passa Tempo- Physiotherapist for those with musculoskeletal, neurological, and cardiovascular disorders
- Equilibrium Studio Fitness LTDA- Owner, physiotheratpist and clinical pilates instructor.
- APAE Passa Tempo-Physiotherapist for those with intellectual and multiple disabilities and human movement disorders.
Sergio is originally from Brazil he has extensive physiotherapy and clinical pilates experience. He found the pilates method as an efficient and powerful tool to relieve pain, minimise disability and promote health in his patients. He realised that relieving pain through movement is a divine art.
We have several types of Exercise Physiology sessions;
Including private, semi-private, groups and more.
Book a session now!